Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Sales Manager
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We are growing our sales team by 30% this year to meet the increasing demand for our products and services. This opportunity represents unlimited potential for income, leads, and career advancement!
Open doors you never realized existed. We’ll change everything you ever might have thought about working in the funeral services industry. This isn’t your typical job. But we’re not your typical company, either.
As Assistant Sales Manager, you'll be responsible for modest personal sales production while supervising, training and coaching a Community Service Sales Team. You would play an essential role in generating pre-need revenue and securing future market share by managing and motivating other sales professionals to deliver sales results, monitoring activity, providing training, and assisting in the recruiting/selection required for business growth and consistent delivery of sales.
The Assistant Sales Manager establishes strong business relationships with community and civic organizations, businesses, and individuals while always demonstrating a professional manner and exemplary personalized service. Personal generation of leads and referrals is integral to success.
- Ensure that location sales quotas are achieved
- Recruit sales representatives
- Provide sales staff with proper training regarding sales techniques, legal requirements, and company products, policies, and procedures
- Review and evaluate sales staff performance
- Handle personnel issues and problems
- Ensure all contracts/paperwork are completed and returned accurately and in a timely manner
- Work in the field with the sales team (ride with staff on presentations)
- Local travel to other locations may be required
- Assist leadership with other duties as required
Requirements & Qualifications
Requirements & Qualifications
- Sales experience is helpful but not mandatory
- High level of comfort using computer systems within a sales environment
- Previous experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is a plus
- High level of integrity, dedication, and desire to succeed
- Desire to help others and earn a competitive income
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Creative, outgoing, and energetic
- Comfortable with in-home sales and conducting group presentations
- A good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Solid work history
- Bilingual candidates are strongly preferred
This position may require the associate to obtain and maintain an insurance license in any state in which he/she conducts sales. To obtain the insurance license, the candidate must meet the requirements of Assurant’s background check process which includes, but is not limited to, a criminal history and credit check.
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V